Department of Public Works
111 Rock Avenue
Green Brook, NJ 08812
Tel: (732) 968-1023
General Mailbox - extension 6602, messages are checked twice daily
Department Supervisor: David Paltjon
We are again approaching the winter season. With the joy and warmth of the Holiday Season, unfortunately, comes this stuff called SNOW. Here are a few
tips on how to minimize the discomfort of snow and ice:
· If you must shovel snow, please do it in moderation.
· Don’t over do it. Rest often!
· Don’t have your driveway plowed out before the end of the storm and before your road has been plowed. If you clean your driveway before the road is
plowed (curb to curb) you risk having it closed up again by a Township snow plow.
· Don’t be surprised if one side of your road is plowed and the other side not for a considerable time later. This is done per plan and is a way to plow
the route in the shortest possible time. The DPW will be back to complete the job once all the roads are opened.
· Make certain that you keep vehicles off the road when snow is expected.
· If you park your vehicle at the end of your driveway, when snow is expected, make certain that your vehicle is back far enough so that it does not interfere
with our plows.
· After the snow, make certain that your vehicle is properly equipped for driving in winter conditions.
Public Works would like to remind residents that the pushing/plowing of snow onto Township roads is prohibited. Please advise your contractors.
This could create an unnecessary safety hazard.
Although we are always very careful plowing the roads, some damage may occur to mailboxes when the wet heavy snow or ice that is thrown by the plows
hits the mailboxes. Township ordinance allows for a $50.00 replacement per mailbox. Please report any mailbox damage to us in writing or by phone within
FALL BRANCH AND LEAF PICK UP
To verify your zone, please call 732-968-1023 x6689
The DPW will make ONE PASS ONLY through each zone, beginning on the dates noted below. If you put your debris out after DPW has been through the zone, you will be responsible for its removal.
South of Route 22
Side of the Mountain
Top of the Mountain
Guidelines for Branches
Limbs up to 6” in diameter-left whole
Small branches-bundle with brush
Sticker bushes in a separate pile
Do not mix leaves with the branches & brush
Keep debris away from fire hydrants
Place branches curbside, not in the street
Guidelines for Leaves
Pile leaves curbside for pick-up by the leaf vacuum – Do not place in street
Place bagged leaves curbside – Do not place in street
Bags available from local hardware store or from Town Hall, Monday-Friday 8:30 - 4:00, while supplies last (limit of 10 per household)
ONLY leaves (no other yard debris or garbage)
Bagging leaves has several benefits to both the residents and the Township:
- Leaves in bags will not blow around during windy periods, therefore residents would not need to re-rake.
- Bagging leaves keeps the leaves out of the gutter/street, making the stormwater run-off more effective and making the streets more passable.
- Bagged leaves can be collected in any weather, unlike the leaf vacuum which only works on dry leaf piles.
Our hope is that residents will try this method, making leaf collection go more smoothly for all.
DO NOT place the leaves in the gutter. If there are no curbs, rake the leaves to the end of the grass.
DO NOT include any branches, grass clippings, cans, bottles, or debris in the leaf piles. Foreign materials can cause damage to the equipment and injury to personnel. Leaves with twigs, branches, or other debris will not be collected and the homeowner will be responsible for disposal.
DO NOT place leaves within 10’ of any storm drain or fire hydrant.
DO NOT park vehicles over leaf piles. This not only makes it impossible to pick up the leaves, it is a significant fire hazard.
DO NOT place leaves curbside until one week before scheduled pickup. Leaves put out on or after your collection date will not be collected. If leaves are not collected, a tag will be left for the homeowner with the reason.
TOP OF THE MOUNTAIN:
Cedar Ridge Road
Deer Path Circle
Driftway (off of Warrenville)
Driftway (off of Interhaven)
Green Valley Drive
Hidden Hollow Court
Morning Glory Road
Ridge Road (east of Warren Ave)
Rock Road East
Rock Road West
Spruce Hollow Road
Top of the World Way
Windy Hill Road
SIDE OF THE MOUNTAIN:
Andrew Street (north of Rt. 22)
Blue Ridge Avenue
Cramer Avenue (north of Rt. 22)
Jefferson Avenue (north of Rt. 22)
King George Road
Long View Drive
Mountain Parkway (north of Rt. 22)
Red Bud Lane
Warrenville Road (north of Rt. 22)
Washington Avenue (north of Rt. 22)
West End Avenue
Andrew Street (south of Rt. 22)
Blue Hill Terrace
Cramer Avenue (south of Rt. 22)
Jefferson Avenue (south of Rt. 22)
Mountain Parkway (south of Rt. 22)
Rock Avenue (south of Rt. 22)
Warrenville Road (south of Rt. 22)
Whispering Hollow Lane